how can i fix my avatar its a cloud

softwhisper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

18 answers to this question

The JIRA doesn't have any suggestions about repairing a bake fail. That's a system for reporting bugs. If you have a bake fail issue, follow the instructions in my post at the top of this ANCIENT thread. The full set of potential methods are at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail . As I said above, if those fixes are temporary or do not work at all, then you have a serious Internet connection problem. DO NOT use wireless for Second Life and DO at least reboot your router.

When you have a question, please start your own thread here in Answers. Do not add yours to the end of someone else's, where it will be overlooked by almost everyone. Especially if it's a thread that is almost a year old.

• Like 1

For anyone who is looking at this truly ancient thread ----

You can safely ignore most of the advice, which is now well outdated.  Many years ago, we used to cure "bake fail" -- the fluffy cloud appearance issue -- by typing CTRL + Alt + R to rebake the textures on our avatar.  That sequence no longer does anything at all.  It was deprecated in 2013, when Linden Lab introduced Server Side Appearance (SSA).  Since then, our appearance info has been stored on the Lab servers and downloaded to our viewers as we log in.  You should only experience bake fail if you have an unreliable Internet connection, so that the download was compromised.  Even then, the servers generally recognize the problem and correct it automatically within a short time.  If they do not, follow the suggestions at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail .  They were written by the support staff at Firestorm but they apply to any SL viewer.  If you continue to have bake fail problems, do some triage on your Internet connection (get off wireless, reboot your router and modem, check with your ISP .... ).

And if someone offers you advice that includes checking some mysterious reload box, be very suspicious.  There is no system feature that does that.

• Like 2

That's a communication problem between your computer and SL's servers. Information about your appearance has to be "baked" onto your avatar on your own computer, saved there, and then uploaded to SL before it's fully visible there. If the necessary information is messed up in transmission, you may end up with a borked file on your computer, or SL's servers may end up with a borked image. Either way, your av's appearance defaults to a fluffy cloud. What works to repair the damage for one person won't necessarily work for the next person, and it may not be the same thing that works for you tomorrow. See the full list of possibilities here >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_bake_fail . Start with the simple things at the top of the list and work down until you find what works for you today.

You may find that the bake fail problem comes back repeatedly, even after you fix it with one of the suggestions on that wiki page. If so, you have a chronically weak Internet connection. There are many steps to take for repairing it. Perhaps the simplest ones -- ones that work best for most people -- are: (1) Don't Use WIRELESS. Wireless connections are inherently less stable than direct cable connections and are more vulnerable to interference. Then, (2) Reboot your router. Unplug it from the power for a few minutes to let it clear its RAM. The plug it back in and let it get a fresh hold on an IP address.

• Like 2

Try Right clicking your avatar, select more, then tex refresh, otherwise under the advanced menu there are av tests you can run which will bring your avi back under the default avi. Then simply put your avi back on!

hope it works out for you!

You fix this by searching for "girl next door bald" and wearing it. I have had this problem in the pasta nd reaserach but yet i always ended up having to do character test when this happemned. Then i figured out a better way to fix it by wearing the girl next door bald. Hope I helped.

• Like 2

This may sound silly, but what normally works for me is to go into your inventory and wear a "BALD" that would normally go under hair.  Works 99% of the time, I swear.

Once, when I absolutely could not uncloud, I looked in my WORN folder and discovered I was not wearing a SHAPE, at all!

Found it, wore it, was fine.  Sometimes the inventory data bases glitch. 

Have a great day!

Jessie

first i got this from a wonderful man named pras ;

first:step 1 there are three keys you press "AT THE SAME TIME"

STEP 2:alt +ctrl+R 

step 3:press it for long

step 4: focus on your cusor youll see a kind of box with a reload arrow

step:5 ask somebody to help u and then left click your avatar. !BONNE CHANCE!

7 hours ago, Ludovica Andretti said:

hope this helps!!

what would help is if you check the dates of the prior posts, i am pretty sure no one here is still looking for answers.

I would suggest you have one of three problems.

The easiest first. Clear your cache in preferences. This will require that textures be reloaded and rezzing will be slow at first till you refill the cache file.

The not so easy approach, Something you are wearing is corrupted and keeping you from rezzing normally. So change your cloths and shape, hair, etc till you find out what is the problem. When you find it throw it away. If it is valuable contact the creator of the item for a possible replacement. I did say "possible" replacement.

Lastly your connection has some problems. This might require some special knowledge to fix. Ask a knowledgeable friend for assistance in real life to trouble shot your connection for you if need be.

Here's what you need to do for your connection...........

Run Windows connection trouble shooter ot the Linux equivalent

Reset your modem (skip this step if you have a router, especially one with a firewall in it.)

Reset the computers clock (Do not leave your computer on all the time. The address in modems must be refreshed from time to time to work correctly. If you must leave it on continually restart your computer occasionally.)

(typo edit)

very simple. don't go through any of the steps the other users are telling you. it's too complicated. what you have to do is click ALT+CTRL+D once the ADVANCED tab appears on the top, click SHOW DEBUGGED SETTINGS. then you're going to type RenderUnloadedAvatar same capital letters and everything and then switch FALSE to TRUE. and you're all good to go. hope this helps!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.