World Map is corrupted, how can i fix it?

Wolff Giha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For some days now My World Map displays 2 large areas of "empty" regions when zooming in to where the region name is shown. Zoomed out the map appears to be normal, but once the region names are shown, all map details disappear except the region name and user-set markers such as events or residents. Two "empty" areas, each 8 regions wide run from north to south, one from the northern tip of Corsica down to just east of the southern tip of Satari, the other empty strip runs down near the left edge of the map.

Failed remedies: Changed graphic settings, reinstalled Phoenix viewer, tried other viewers, cleared caches, including texture cache.

Any help is greatly appreciated

4 answers to this question

This is the second incident of a corrupted world map I've seen reported in the past day or so so perhaps there is a bug. The world map can look distorted at times but if this perists I suggest you open a Jira including screen shots. You must be using V2 for this not Phoenix. https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

If this is a Phoenix issue, Phoenix has it's own forum, support and Jira here http://www.phoenixviewer.com/

• Like 1

Well I can see even less than you on Imprudence 1.4 current new release. When I tried to zoom out I got a checkerboard effect for that region and then abruptly crashed. So there does seem to be an issue.

It was VERY good that you explained fully as the map often acts weird for awhile and then is OK again. This seems to be a different issue. Sometimes, it isn't US :D.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.