Why cant my employes host event

SamCarter Clip

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am trying to post an event and allow my employes to do so as well. I have them set to Allow Event Hosting on group land, but they still cant find the clubs LM. 

Cnat firgure out how to respond to answer but would that not allow them to sell the land and would I not risk them being able to do things to the land if I deed it to the group? I dont want all my emplies to have the ability LOL.

Ok I have done everything yall have sugested and still nada. I did the Allow Event Hosting, Deeded Land, Set land to Group, I have 2 different Groups one for staff and one for VIP. I have never had this much trouble w. this before.

Does the Teleporting Rought need to be set on locked or anywhere or does it matter?

3 answers to this question

Is the club land Set to Group or Deeded to the group.  I believe it needs to be deeded for that group ability to function.

ETA: You figured out reply just fine! :)  Answers is reply-impaired.  You need to study up on the various group abilities.  It can be confusing and complex.  However you can setup roles that allow your employees powers like posting events or changing the media settings without giving them the ability to sell group land or earn group dividends.  But make sure you are comfortable with the settings before you deed the land to your group.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Groups-overview/ta-p/700081

--Cinn

As I understand your question you want you employees to be able to POST an EVENT in the calendar and the land the event is being held on is not showing up in the places where they can post an event (a drop down box). I don't do much with group abilities but I am pretty sure that you need to have the employees in their own group which HAS the ability to post events on group land, not just the "everyone" group which normally doesn't have much power on purpose.

So look at the group levels you have set up and make sure that the employees are in their own group (they will also be in the everyone group). THEN then need to make sure they have the correct level of the group enabled and they should be able to see the land in the events drop down (where is your event being held) box.

You may also need to set the land to the group but I doubt you need to DEED it to the group for the function you want to work. Again, not really my area of expertise.

EDITED:  I looked up the info in invents and the land DOES need to be deeded to the group. While it can be safe, I too am a bit leary of that. One thing you could do would be to parcel out a 512 spot in your land and have that as the landing point for events. It seems rules are different for mainland and island lands and you didn't say which yours was.

According to the events posting page you only need.

• The parcel is owned by a group that you are an owner of, or that you have the 'host events' ability for, and is at least 512 square meters.
  • The parcel is in a private island that you are on the access list of, and is at least 512 square meters.

Here is the link to the Second Life Wiki on groups. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Group

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.