Why can't I log in?

YorukoChikokoro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3066 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For some reason everytime I try to log in I get a message saying I can't login from this computer. I contacted support and they said there's no block on my account which is pretty much the only answer why that's happening in the FAQ. This has never happened to me in the past so I have no idea what to do.

I'm on Macbook Pro using El Capiton as my OS.

UPDATE: Just to let you know my firewall is actually off. So I'm fairly sure that can't be it.

4 answers to this question

The block may not be on your account but instead on your IP Address. For some reason this used to happen more regularly, but it still affects some users. Whomever you spoke to in Support may not have made this connection.

Users who connect from dynamic IP address ranges are prone to being mistaken for each other when they are given recycled addresses (which, nowadays, is every IP address). This is especially likely if you were previously able to log in without a problem.

Try unplugging your router from the AC Mains (disabling power) for about 5 minutes, then reconnecting. You should be given a new IP address from your ISP, and this may not be blocked. Once reconnected to the Internet, try logging in again.

You can track your given public IP address at this link: https://www.whatismyip.com/

• Like 2

re:  Your update.  DON'T leave your firewall turned off.  You should always use both a software firewall (Windows firewall, or one provided by a third party like your antivirus software) and the NAT hardware firewall built into your internet modem or router.  Turning them off briefly to troubleshoot a problem is one thing, but they should never be permanently disabled.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3066 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.