What does this mean in About

SaiJinhua

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

SaiJinhua,

That colored band is where error messages are displayed. In the forums, this happens when you try to reply to a post or thread that's vanished while you were typing, or when your session has timed out, requiring another log-in. In the feeds, I've seen this happen when clicking on the name (perhaps in the partner section of a profile) of someone who no longer exists, or when there's a database error. Some of those messages are useful, some are not. And apparently some aren't there at all.

;-).

Madelaine is right. But, the problem is in your browser. Either the connection was slow and various parts of the page did not arrive in time to be rendered correctly or failed to arrive at all. Or parts of the page are written in such a way the browser could not figure out how to render them.

You can try reloading the page. But, I suggest you get another browser to use with that web site. Firefox is very forgiving of poorly written and slow pages. Internet Explorer is forgiving in other ways and may render pages that Firefox and Chrome won't. But, in turn FF and Chrome do a better job on many pages that cause IE problems.

I have problems using the Chrome browser with some SL web site pages. It is almost impossible to use the SL JIRA with Chrome.

I won't use Microsoft's Edge. But, Win 10 does force it on me now and then. It does seem to do a decent job of rendering pages.

Make sure your video driver is up to date. Force Windows Update to run to be sure you have all the Windows updates. Then use the Device Manager to manually trigger a video update. If that proces says the driver is up to date, that isn't necessaily true. So, if the web page is still not rendering, Google how to update your video driver. GPU-Z (free) will tell you which video system your computer uses. Google how to update those drivers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.