Voice not working on Mac OS X Mountain Lion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I upgraded to Mountain Lion, and my SL voice stopped working.  I have re-installed, checked all other programs, and SL Voice is the only thing not working with my audio inputs. Help!

Update: Reinstalling latest version of viewer, plus DNS setting checks (both are required) solved problem.,

5 answers to this question

The only known Mac-specific issue affecting voice concerns a set of DNS-related problems. If you are unable to connect to voice and you are also having problems with teleporting and/or loading your friends list, perhaps along with other things, then see the “Mac-specific” section of this page for instructions and more explanation.

• Like 1

Some others are having problems getting voice to work also, read the comments towards the bottom, no solutions offered yet, but click watch to get updates sent to your email

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-28793 add your info if you want to help out also

Here is one person who was able to get voice to work after it wasn't

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/An-advice-from-Mac-users-Lion-or-not-Lion/m-p/1616269#M72587

• Like 2

I was wondering how you fixed this because I tried all of the various solutions here with different DNS addresses and updates to Flash and whatnot and none of it works for me... can you share a step-by-step that helped you to be able to speak in SL?

Thank you!

Hello!

I just thought I'd share this since i was having problems with this and found a solution someone shared with me in the Macintosh Users group in world.

First off: Phoenix has figured the issue out. Here's a link : http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_voice

Secondly: Does your MAC have a built-in mic or not? In order to find out if it does or doesn't go to system preferences >> sounds >> input

You want to make sure the volume bar for the mic is all the way up and working... then figure out what sort of mic you have in there.

You'll then need to go into sl ( I am using SL's 3.4 viewer ). Preferences >> sound & media >> ( enable voice ) then go into >> input/output devices

And from the drop down menu there you will select what kind of input device you are using then click OK.

After which, relog then make sure you are on a voice enabled sim and viola! It should work. If it doesn't, then it might be your network try resetting DNS

Preference >> network >> advanced >> DNS

+ 8.8.8.8.

+8.8.4.4.

Click OK

and try all the other steps again.

I also downloaded the latest flash and shockwave ( just in case that helped out in fixing the voice)

eventually it worked out and I am glad!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.