Viewer error messages, inventory not loading, staying a cloud and crashing viewer issues

LishaJoya Haven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello I am having the following issues...

• Viewer error messages,
  • inventory not loading
  • staying a cloud viewer issues
  • Crashing while loading
  • every time I go to open a window...Inventory....map ----anything it logs me out and says the region is might be having issues or its my internet...its not my net....i trouble shooted my net...and im at perfect !!!
  • Cant detach AO or HUDS

=========MY ERROR MESSAGE SAYS THIS UPON LOG IN=============

• There is a problem in saving the default permissions due to the following reason STATUS_EXPIRED. Please try setting to  default permisions later.

================MY Computer stats are these==============

Firestorm 4.7.1 (45325) Apr 30 2015 19:22:46 (Firestorm-Betax64) with OpenSimulator support

Release Notes

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+ (2200.08 MHz)
Memory: 4095 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0010.1395
OpenGL Version: 4.2.13397 Compatibility Profile Context 15.200.1046.0

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.38.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1i zlib/1.2.8
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.5
Audio Driver Version: (none)
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96)
Draw distance: 128
Bandwidth: 500
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: Medium (3/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 512 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2015-7-11T5:47:20
Built with MSVC version 1600

========================

Note

• that this is a freshy rebuilt computer and this is a FRESH install (as of YESTERDAY 7-9-15)
  • this is a 64 bit system
  • I have not logging in SL in a long time - 4 months
  • My alts with lower inventory can log in just Fine - but not this main acct that has over 250K .....

Questions are these

• Can this be CONTINUE to be used for the 64 bit Firestorm version i downloaded?
  • Or Do I have to uninstall/clean install to 32 bit Firestrom version if the 64 bit version incapatible? 
  • Is my system capaple of the 64 bit download? 
  • Why am i getting this stupid error and how to fix my issues
  • Why can i log in my alts but not my main acct Lishajoya Haven

Things i have done to try to remedy this issue

• I have tried to see if it was avatar realated so I logged in 1 acct--- worked just fine....then the next...and so on.... 
  • Then i retried the main... over and over....crashed many times with my symptoms
  • tried to fetch inventory...it didnt work at first...so Ihad to CLEAR cache on a FRESH install on a NEW system
  • Inventory fetched SOME...then stopped and then the viewer crashed
  • Ihave looked on the Firestiorm wiki to trouble shoot....i was on high graphics so i set to MID and restarted my viewer
  • Ihave even dummed down some of my buttons....like his the appearance,  movement buttons etc thati dont use and relogged...

Is there anything else I am mising? or is this that my system CANT handle the 64 bit Firestorm install?  Or is this PER ACCT thati cant handle the 64 bit? for my ALTS with LOWER inventory sized CAN handle and with  NO LAG  can handle this delima

Thank you for your assistance

8 answers to this question

Lisha,

Your PC should be able to handle SL tasks well.

All the symptoms you describe point to dropped packets of information. Your PC motherboard isn't doing this nor is it overworked. It's not getting all the your Avatar Account status transaction data. You experience this issue when you have a Avatar Account with a lot of data to transmit such as your primary one with a large Inventory. The speed of your Internet connection is not the only factor to examine when looking at connectivity issues..

Here are things to look for.

0) Make sure you are using a PC Account with Administrator access. If you have an advanced Antivirus / Anti-Malware solution installed remove it. The Windows Security Essentials will protect you well for this test period.

1) Look at the Dropped Packet % in the About / Help display when logging onto the problem account - I noticed that this information was missing from your posted results.

2) Make Sure you are using a direct connected Cat5 cable to your router. [Test Again]

3) Using the Device Manager, turn off your NIC's Speed Auto Negotiate and set it manually to 100 Mbps / Full Duplex. [Test Again] - This is recommended because several modem manufacturers have problems auto negotiating with the PC MB NIC. [i have to do this on my PC.]

Control Panel \ Network and Internet \ Network and Sharing Center \ Local Area Connection Status \ Local Area Connection Properties \ [Properties] \ [Configure] \ Advanced Tab \ Speed & Duplex

4) Would you consider testing with the current SL Viewer Build?

5) Don't try moving until your Inventory has been built. [Push it along by searching for a nonsense object like 094373171]

I'm anxious to see your Dropped Packet %

LishaJoya Haven wrote:[ .... ]

My alts with lower inventory can log in just Fine - but not this main acct that has over 250K .....

[ .... ]

• Why can i log in my alts but not my main acct Lishajoya Haven
[ .... ]

Well, there's probably the biggest problem.  That inventory is gigantic.  When you log in, your computer has to download a lot of information to your viewer, including a copy of your inventory.  (You've possibly watched the "fetching .... " note at the bottom of your inventory if it's open during that time).  That takes time.  If you have a huge amount to download, your viewer can time out before it finishes.  Login will not finish, or will be incomplete, so some functions will not work.  If that's your problem -- 250,000+ items sure looks like a problem --- then the only cure is to get rid of a LOT of stuff.  Box it up, hand transferable items to an alt, or just delete it.

see i have not logged in to SL on this acct in 4 months...and I have packaged my inventory..... it was over 600K,,,,but I had some unforeseen RL issues i had resolve (like my epileptic son)...its that I was gone so long that I have alot of stuff in my lost and found. Also the inventory is not fetching on any of the accts...or not fetchiing in FULL... AOs and HUDS wont detach and I am remaining a cloud....I cant even get to my inventory to even sort it.... But every time i log in i get this error

=========MY ERROR MESSAGE SAYS THIS UPON LOG IN=============

There is a problem in saving the default permissions due to the following reason STATUS_EXPIRED. Please try setting to default permisions later.

I do not know if its becuase my 64 bit system cant handle the 64 bit firestorm--- or if i have to uninstall this viewer and install the 32 bit firestorm fo rmy 64 bit system...

Or i dont know if this is PER acct- problem

If 64 bit can handle my lower inventory alts....but not my massive INVENTORY Main acct

Or maybe i will have to use 32 bit on my system if my 64 SYSTEM cant handle the 64 bit?

Any advice on that?

I doubt that it is related at all to the 32/64 bit issue. I still think it is related to that huge inventory. An account with an inventory that large is almost guaranteed to have problems. Having said that, though, there have been a lot of complaints recently from people getting that "default permissions" message. Take a look at https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-9066 and https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-9066. Notice Whirly's comment that this bug IS related to inventory loading. Also notice that although it's a real pain, you can work around it for now by clearing your cache every single time you log in. Since you have such a gigantic inventory, that will take a very long time, but it may be all you can do until LL has the bug fixed. That and, if course, GET RID OF A LOT OF YOUR STUFF. ;)

I am trying to log in an i keep getting logged out...as i load.... the viewer says NOT responding...then freezes....then the viewer FLICKERS black..... then goes to look like normal....then the viewer goes back to unresponsive... i still keep getting all the errors..... So what things did u wantme to try once i get in?

Lisha,

You may have more success if you try to use a text only SL Viewer such as:

http://radegast.org/wp/

This should allow you to log into your Large Inventory Account. Afterwards anything you can do to thin out Your Inventory should help make this account easier to access using a Full Graphic Viewer.

Also, it may offer other error messages not related to rendering issues if it also fails to complete the login process.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.