Versions 2.8 and later won't work on MAC

Zara Wise

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi

I have three mac computers.   Two are new and operating OS 10.6.7  and one is OS 10.5.8.   I down loaded v 2.8 and none of my macs will run it -  everything plays at 5fps.   SL runs fine if I re-install 2.7.

So I tired version 3. and it's the same.  None of the MACs will run it.

Can someone report this bug to Linden labs?  I can't report the bugs because I am not a member of Atlassian.

Thanks

Z

4 answers to this question

Actually it doesn't seem to be Mac related. It's 2.7.4 and higher in general. FPS drop started already with 2.7.3.

2.7.2 works fine for me as 1.23.5

Many complaints i do hear are from Duo Core users btw, Linux, Windows, Mac, but i don't know if it Duo core related really. I think one of the problems is that SL never had been designed to run well on multi processor computers and they are more or less the standard now. LL have experimented however always had a poor integration of that matter.

But eventually i think it bores down on very very poor software development and rushing new iterations since the new CEO. SL has become a typical IT organization for that matter. Many IT companies these days are run lke that :(

But wasn't LL still in the process of hiring a QA officer? Poor person if found... because it all starts with decent organization.

But well they know... if that is a comfort... lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.