NOT RESOLVED. :( Unable to log in.

Dryl Morgwain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since slightly before the re-roll, only Imprudence has been able to log in to SL and then with my inventory reduced to about 1/66th of its full compliment.  I've tried at least three clean installs (wiped prefs, deleted all associated files), checked internet connection (all is fine there),  and downloaded Firestorm in the hopes that I'd be able to continue working - 

no go.  SL crashes at the very end of the login procedure, with all statuses seeming to be OK and everything all the way up to "Loading World" seeming to work fine.  What gives?  Grid status checked repeatedly.  No answers there....

computer info:

Model Name:iMac

Processor Name:Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory:12 GB

additional observations:

• Sound to the whole system is cut when the viewer hangs on login.  This is also true in Firestorm.  

• I've been dealing with this for 3 days now  - I have looked everywhere I can think of and there is no satisfactory explanation for this problem on my system.  

• In case it isn't clear (I'm tired and crabby now because I'd just uploaded a bunch of new graphics when this began happening),
- SL Viewer hangs on any attempt to log in, during the final part of login "Loading World".  Sound is disabled to the whole system when this happens (which is fixed by Force Quitting SL).  
- Firestorm is the same but simply crashes entirely, no message, no warning, at the same part of login, IE "Loading World"
- There seems to be no one at LL to call about this issue.

EDIT/UPDATE:
Is there really no answer not related to checking things out again on this end?  It's a bit frustrating; I know it's so tempting to hope that it might be on this end; I've operated under that theory for almost a week now, but

it just isn't.  SL is crashing on Firestorm as well as Viewer, true, and I initially thought that indicated that the problem is on my end.  However, the strangely protracted load times for inventory on Imprudence (we're talking hours to reach a mere 308 fetched items)  on the rare occasion that it doesn't crash as well tell me that it's something else.  I can stream three movies at a time with no visible loss of performance; this computer should theoretically be able to run two instances of SL without impacting performance drastically at all - 

something is wrong with SL- it's not this rig; promise.  If there's some way that SL makes changes to drivers or something equally horrifying, I need to know about that.  Anyone?  I see the same question getting answered elsewhere with "check your computer" but I am definitely satisfied that the computer is not the culprit here.

1 answer to this question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.