Unable to Connect to grid

Tali Vaher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can't log in to SL!

I go to log in and keep getting one of 2 messages, either unable to connect to grid, unexpect problem.....

or

Clock and date settings may be incoorect......

i've check clock settings and stuff they are fine, my firewall isnt interfearing, i've uninstalle dand re-installed etc

No change at all, i've been trying for 4 hours now and its frustrating, can't even submit a ticket cos the login issues subject is gone.

Help? Please!

18 answers to this question

Odd you're getting two different messages.

The wiki on time errors is here...http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Second_Life_gives_me_an_error_message_about_being_%22Unable_to_find_a_valid_certificate%22_or_%22Unable_to_establish_a_secure_connection_to_the_login_server.%22 

...but doesn't help much if the computer time is correct and you're certain your firewall is not blocking SL.

I would suggest you try unplugging your modem/router for a minute then reconnect. Reboot your computer then open SL to login screen and from the Preferences menu, clear your cache from the Setup tab and clear your History from the Privacy tab. Close SL and the re-open and try logging in.

I recall one case where someone was getting the 'unable to connect to Second Life" message and while unplugging/plugging the modem/router failed to solve the problem, plugging the cable back into another port on the router sorted it and he could log in to SL again. That's happened to me too at times with an old router but with the internet rather than a specific program.

• Like 1

i'll try, it's just frustrating i got land rent to pay this weekend and login was fine last night been trying to get on since 4pmslt and i know there was that one hour black out for the maintanence but it's rather annoying. Thank you so much for your offers of suggestions, hope others come up with osme too

Are you by any chance on a Mac?

There was a Mac user yesterday with the same problem, maybe something in that thread can help you: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/Can-t-log-in-on-Apple-computer-clock-set-incorrectly-when-on/qaq-p/740041

If thats no help or you are not on a Mac, try a different viewer and see if that makes any difference.

last login was last night for me, around about 1pm slt.

i don't think anythings changed with the computer...i've been at work since so it hadn't been on.

As for drivers i'll check see if they need updates but haven't been updated in last 24hours

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.