Teleporting Problems

Isis Firebrand

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Detach everything, including HUDs, hair, shoes, etc... and try again.  If the TPs seem easier then start re-attaching items one at a time, TPing lots in between to see if you can narrow down the issue.  TP issues are often associated with an attachment -- often one with poorly performing scripts or lots of scripts.

having a high script count will make tp fail.. im not sure how to check on other viewers, but in phoenix you can right click your avatar and pick s. count from the pie menu to get yours.  scripted shoes and jewelry are usually the reason for failed tp.. depending on the item, you can usually make a copy of it and then remove scripts from the one you are wearing, or with some items you can right click, edit.. and then go to the top menu tools.. set scripts to not running in selection.

• Like 1

Hugs two other things to try:

(1) use an alt, with minimal atachments & scripts, and try your TPs

will test the attachment therory, and network issues.

(2) keep a RL list of favorite TP addresses,

NAME, sim/x/y/z

re-log and set start location to  Sim/x/y/z

do find I can get there, if the Sim is available.

Good luck

I know what you mean Isis.   I have been having the same problems on one of my parcels.  I can only get there from certain sims but never from my home.   I have a business there and I get many messages from people saying they can't get there either.

Now while the solution of reattaching scripted items probably will help, it's not a fix.    The question is, why is this only now a issue?   I've had the problem for weeks now and my ticket still goes unanswered.  Live chat?  Forget it, they are useless.   They can't even restart a sim, instead asking you to make a ticket.

I wish I had a answer for you Isis but I only have to add with my own complaints.   My fix is now to move daily operations to another sim untill LL looks into this.

I heard one comment saying that it is because of a server update.  Well fine but shouldn't things get better instead of worse?    My sim in question is on mainland so running on Pentium 3's may tell LL.......should we maybe update our hardware to this decade? 

I've been away from the forums for awhile now and I notice not much has changed.  Poor layout, slow, and basically not worth using.   A spell checker you have to press a button to use and it even says that some Second life terms are spelled wrong...     D - grade for  Linden Labs.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.