Second Life Viewer will crash after Initialising VTF

ThY101

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, well i'll say the full story.

I was on second life, having fun, running perfectly. I exited it. 10 minutes later I try play again, but it gives me a "send crash report" after Initialising VTF. Iv'e reinstalled, tried many different viewers, none now work unlike they used to 20 minutes ago. Nothing new has been installed or added, I have tried it with my AntiVirus and firewall on and off. I have also cleaned my regesteries, temp files and appdata of SecondLifeViewer, to no success.

Here are my PC's details;

OS Name    Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version    5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
Name    Radeon X1300/X1550 Series
Adapter RAM    256.00 MB (268,435,456 bytes)
Available Physical Memory    1.11GB

Available Virtual Memory    1.96 GB

Available Harddrive Space 83.6 GB

I hope you ladies and gents can help me here :P. Thankyou in advance

Edit: Ansariel Hiller's link has not fixed the problem and Im desperate for more ideas. Can anyone make anything out of the crash log?:

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/610084/

Edit2: Ive been trying other viewers and it will crash after Initialising VTF when the window is suppost to come up.

I let my friend, who is a whiz-kid at computing fiddle around with my drivers for 15 minutes, before a restart. Now everything seems to be working :), aparently one of my drivers got "corrupt" or something. Thanks everyone for trying!

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Try clearing your cache manually.

(XP) - C: - Documents and Settings - (USER NAME) - AppData - SecondLife
(Vista) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Local - SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Roaming - SecondLife and Local - SecondLife

Delete the contents of the folder and restart your computer.

NOTE: You may need to go to Windows Tools > Folder Options > View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders, in order to see AppData folder.

After your reboot, change your start location on login to Smith and when you get in just stay there under the water until your inventory has fully reloaded. You can open your inventory and type in the inventory search bar to prompt loading, but do not do anything else until it is done.

To choose a start location, go to Me > Preferences on the login screen & check the box next to Show on Login, click OK & close preferences. You should now see a dropdown box near your username & password where you can type Smith as you starting point.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.