SL keeps disconnecting me every 2-3 mins, after changing my router -- how do I fix it?

tearingskies

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

First off, I'm a newbie, so I might be missing some ovbious step here....

Secondly, I've read a bunch of messages on here about similar problems and I have managed to narrow the potential problem down to the new router (as I've recently travelled to a different country/router), although the internet works perfectly fine for everything else i do...

A short desc of the current prob (which occurs both with Firestorm and SL Viewer): I log in successfully into any region of my choosing, I'm able to use IM or to teleport. If I start walking/running, after a couple of seconds that's gonna freeze (so it will keep walking/running and I won't be able to stop it). And then, after a couple of minutes from logging in, I get the dreadful message:

"You have been logged out of SL. This region may be experiencing trouble. Please check your connection to the internet"

We have tried different computers (also different alt accounts) and the problem persists... I've reinstalled firestorm/SL viewer, cleared my cache, rebooted the wifi router repeatedly, tried different DNS, It's not an over-heating problem. Needless to say, this happenes regardless of the region I'm in.

This is the tech info from Firestorm:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz (2394.45 MHz)
Memory: 8105 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 14393)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 20.19.0015.4474
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0 - Build 20.19.15.4474

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.47.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1i zlib/1.2.8
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.8
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.61
LLCEFLib/CEF Version: 1.5.3.FS6-(CEF-WIN-3.2526.1366.g8617e7c-32) (Chrome 47.0.2526.80)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 96 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: Medium-Low (2/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 1024 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2016-10-10T21:5:53
Built with MSVC version 1800

I would greatly appreciate any helpful suggestions -- after a week of this, I'm already feeling the withdrawal symptoms :matte-motes-big-grin:

UPDATE: MAJOR THANKS to Alwin for suggesting the obvious! Apparently all I had to do was use a wired connection instead of the wireless... wow. :matte-motes-nerdy::catvery-happy:

1 answer to this question

first thing to do is go wired.

If possible lower your graphic settings.

Not your fault... but i never understand the systems...  8 gb mem, I7 .and than put a intel chip on it for graphics...this means your machine isn't really suited for programs as SL,

in spite you say it's not a heating issue, i doubt that a little. Might be a combination of a bad connection and heat.

Don't make the mistake to take a fast connection also is a good one, because thats not always true.

you can use this google search to find more help

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.