OK. I got Virtual DJ8 now. How do I make contact with these streaming providers?

AmandaHoliday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2909 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How do I make contact with these streaming outfits? I've sent IMs to several of them requesting a conversation to discuss what they offer, and have not been contacted. If any of them are serious about that, the least they can do is tell me whether they are interested in what I propose. I just need to play my music so I can do my act on my cue. I don't need their music because their choices don't often match my choices.

If none of the streaming outfits are willing to offer the services I want, how do I play my choices without one?

2 answers to this question

i have no clue what you mean with contacting streaming providers and VDJ.

You only need to put a stream adress in your preferences and play your own content ( or use the content from the subscription from VDJ itself)

When you want to play content from other streams, VDJ is pretty useless, it's to dj yourself.

So you need music on your pc, own the rights to broadcast, and license to use the songs (is not just bought the CD, but actual permission to use in public.

You can find several rentals for streams inworld, for a few L$ you can start your own broadcast. Only need to put the info they give ( url/ports/pw )in the preferences in VDJ and you'r done...

• Like 4

Contact the stream providers = I sent them an IM to ask for details of what they provide since there was no response to my greeting when I visited their sites. None of them ever answered, so I still have no clue which one if any meets my needs. But never mind. I forgot about copyright. That kills the idea, embalms it, and buries it in Potter's Field. I have no intention of fighting the system from the get go. I don't even know where the starting line is when dealing for the rights to perform in public, and expect it would take longer and be more expensive than it's worth to me. The contact with Virtual DJ could have saved me a lot of dashed dreams had they reminded me of the copyright rules requiring a license to play in public. No problem. I'll just delete them and the program. Grudgingly, I give you a kudo for your answer. It provided more facts than all the other responses to my inquiries.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2909 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.