Need Help: Second Life is unable to run...

Hylian Moonwall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

"Second Life is unable to run because your video card drivers did not install properly, are out of date, or are for unsupported hardware. Please make sure you have the latest video card drivers and even if you do have the latest, try reinstalling them."

Is Anybody Else Plagued With This Issue???

I Just Replace Most Of The Interior Parts In My Computer (Video Card, Motherboard, RAM) And Upgraded From Windows Xp to Windows 7 Professional And Am Having Trouble Logging In          (Let Alone Opening The Second Life Viewer).

I Checked The System Requirements And Everything Passes Minimum. I Have A 'ATI RADEON 9600 Series'  Video Card And Am Still Un Able To Access The Game.

Does Anybody Have Any Ideas On What I Should Do?

I Am Out Of Ideas And Haven't Been On SL In 15 Months And Am Getting Desperate!!! :smileyindifferent:

20 answers to this question

If you are sure everything is right and its a bad message you could try disabling the hardware check.

Create a copy of the SL shortcut on your desktop, right-click it and go to properties and change the end of the target to --noprobe

For example on mine it would change from

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SecondLifeViewer2\SecondLife.exe"  --set InstallLanguage en

to

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SecondLifeViewer2\SecondLife.exe"  --noprobe

Of course if there really is a problem with your card or drivers thats not going to help.

Same Message

"Second Life is unable to run because your video card drivers did not install properly, are out of date, or are for unsupported hardware. Please make sure you have the latest video card drivers and even if you do have the latest, try reinstalling them."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.