NVIDIA GeForce GT 705 DDR3 1Gb Dedicated Graphics cAN I RUN SL ON THIS GRAPHICS CARD..

echo Lilliehook

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Probably not the best choice you could make.  See this comparison from one of the standard tech evaluation sites on the web:

NVidia GT 705.jpg

By comparison, my three-year old laptop with a mid-priced NVidia GeForce GT 650m card in it, has a passmark rating of 1,249.  It handles SL graphics well at the High setting, although not with quite the smoothness of the 750Ti in my desktop at home.  I suspect that the GT 705 will be OK at a midrange setting in SL but you'll have trouble with advanced lighting and with many of the features that make mesh clothing and materials look good.

Hi Echo,

I think a computer using only Intel integrated graphics will outperform that NVIDIA card. As Rolig stated, it scores 413 on graphics benchmark tests. While those tests are not exactly representative of performance in SL, they're as good an estimate as we have. 413 is not a very good number. Intel's current generation integrated graphics adapters do better than that.

Come back to edit your question (via "Options" over there on the right) to tell us more. Are you looking for a desktop or laptop? If you looking for a desktop, do you already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc? Approximately what is your budget? We'll be better able to help if we know these things.

And do consider purchasing a reburbished computer from a reputable manufacturer. I've had excellent results doing just that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.