My camera is stuck in position of only able to see my avatar from knees down at top of my screen

Dawnlyn Writer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I signed on to SL and found that my camera is stuck in this position:  all I can see is the back of my avatar's legs from the knees down.  The avatar is positioned at the top of my screen.   I sure can't see my avatar's head and body, can't see where I'm walking.

I have tried Reset View, Escape, Default Zoom. I'm using Phoenix viewer and have uninstalled and reinstalled.

Any suggestions?  Thank you!

1 answer to this question

Here's the advice from the crew at Phoenix ( http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=camera ):

If your camera is suddenly pointing straight up - or straight down - or some impossible direction, then try these:

• Press escape a few times. Pressing escape will clear focus from any windows that have focus, and finally, will reset camera position.
  • Go to Advanced → Debug Settings and enter “CameraOffsetDefault” in the input field. Click “Reset to default” at the bottom.
  • Press Ctrl-9 - a few times even.
  • If that doesn't work, hold down Shift, then use the mouse wheel to change the camera angle.
  • If that doesn't work, go into Preferences → Shields → Broadcast camera focus point and Broadcast pointer target - uncheck and then check both.
  • If all of these fail to work, then the only remaining solution is to reset all your settings to defaults: Preferences → General → Reset all Settings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.