My Viewer wont load up

TheDoctor4816

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Hello! It is a usual problem for many users. I believe that you easily will fix it if you clear your cache:

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - AppData \ SecondLife
(Vista) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData - Local \ SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData - Roaming \ SecondLife

Delete everything in that folder and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

If the problem remains, download an older version of Viewer 2 using the following link:   http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Supported_Viewers  Have in your mind that in that occasion you must to have your software updates NO to be installed automatically. (Menu Me --> Preferences --> Setup --> Software Updates --> Download and instal updates manually --> OK)

Or... you may just need to reboot the computer.

It is possible that the cache has corrupted files, so the suggestions to clear the cache are good.

If clearing the cache and rebooting do not help, try clearing your settings. There is a settings file hidden in:

C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\user_settings\settings.xml

If you are using more than one viewer, you may need to re-install the problem viewer. Also, if you use more than one viewer each viewer needs a separate cache folder. Having more than one viewer, at least viewer brand, using the same cache is a really bad idea and leads to lots of problems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.