Missing Snapshots

WordenR

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi Worden,

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. If you posted pictures to Flickr, they should be available there. If you posted them to your profile feed and they've vanished, I'm afraid there's nothing you can do.

For this reason, I always save important photos to my computer, where I can lose them without anyone's help keep them safe.

• Like 1

Thank you Madelaine, my issue is that after taking a snapshot I clicked 'save to Flickr' in the save options while there was no Flickr account linked to my Second Life account. The software appeared to save the pictures somewhere, but they aren't in my Flickr account. Is there a snapshot history or archive I can access?

Worden,

Any picture that you snap using the Facebook or Flickr options is temporary until the time that that service accepts it into your Facebook or Flickr account. There are no "pending" acceptance queues for those pictures. So Yes, they are gone!

It's best to snap all your pictures to your own PC using the Save to Disk option. This way you can get the best possible picture resolution using the ,png format. Then and only then you can upload it to Facebook or Flickr. Remember, Facebook stores any picture you take at a very lossly setting so if quality is what you want, take control of the picture 1st. Organizing your pictures in well labeled folders doesn't; cost you a cent.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.