Media on a prim, keeps asking for flash update (Windows 7 machine)

Caitlin Tobias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all,

I really hope one of you can help me sort this out...

We have on our sim a prim which shows a video on Youtube about our group, for information. This worked fine the last weeks.

However, recently I have installed Windows 7 on my machine and ever since the prim does not show the movie, but keeps telling me I need to update flash. Of course so I did, and have the latest flashplayer installed. Still its not showing the clip, and I still get the flash-update message. So does my friend who also uses Windows7.
It is possible for me to choose the option to play it in my own browser and then it works fine. (but I want to see it on the prim!).

I have tried with my Mac and then I have no issues at all and can just enjoy our clip!
When I put a website without flash/movies on a prim, I have no problems.

I suspect now this has something to do with Windows 7, but I cannot figure out what or why.

Have tried in both Viewer 2.0 and Kirstens S20: no movie on my  windows pc...

This is what I use:

CPU: AMD (Unknown model) (2399.2 MHz)
Memory: 5888 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit  (Build 7600)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.14.0010.0678
OpenGL Version: 2.1.8787

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 answers to this question

Hello Caitlin, you are right, there are problems with Windows 7 64-bit and Quicktime.There's many comments on the net and a long thread here on the Blogs Windows 7  and Quicktime

The Treet TV team have set up a website at http://wiki.treet.tv/Windows_7_and_Quicktime

It has been reported on pJIRA Cannot view Video Media using Windows 7 (32 and  64-bit) OS but atm, afaik, there doesn't seem to be an easy solution.

This would be a great topic for Samuel Linden's inworld Office Hours Wednesdays from 11:30am - 12:00pm PST at Nyx Linden's Office if you can get there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.