Iredid my WHOLE comp and now i need help picking out a graphics card for Sl

LishaJoya Haven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi every one i just rebuilt my comp today and now i need help in picking a graphics card that is suitable and is WAY better than the RECCOMMENDED standards 

system req for SL

i now  have Win 7 ( iwas on win xp) 

I was on 32  bit now im in 64

I had 2 gig of ram i have 4 GIGs

i have a radeon xpress 200 but i cant get the drivers to load so I am saying "screw it" and looking to get a new graphics card for this older tower.....

I would normally KNOW what to get but---- MY brain hurts atm...LMFAO

and 

I DO need help......

and im not afraid to ask for help...:heart:

my window is win 7 ultimate

service pack 1

i have an AMD processor

any Help - ideas ir suggestion? send them my way

~~~~HUGGAYYYSSSS~~~~~

3 answers to this question

My NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 with 2GB DDR5 memory which can be found now for $196.00 USD performs well and allows me the luxury of using 3 monitors with my MSI MB Intel i7 PC. Perfect for my DJ gigs where I am in-world on one or more accounts and displaying SAM 2015.1 and my Internet Browser for trivia.

Yes, all the Ultra features work as well.

Heya, I am looking at a new computer because mine is really old and cannot be upgraded. The feed back I am getting from friends is GEforce GTX runs better on SL than Radeon. On their series the second digit gives you an idea of performance. Like many my budget is not great but I am looking at a GTX 960, which is mid range and will perform well enough I have been told. Its about on a par with the GTX 770 which is older, but 960 is a lot cheaper and runs on a lot less wattage and therefore saves on your electricity. Remember what ever you get from a card most sims will only run FPS at around 45. There are higher range cards but these start becoming really big bucks and may perform better. Yet if you can hit 45FPS on SL its not going to get better than that. Until I get and try the GTX 960 2GB I do not know what frame rate I will get.

You need to check your wattage capacity before buying any card but GTX960 for example needs 120 watts which is low for a card in this range, it reccomends a computer wattage of 400.

I am not an expert just passing on advice i was given by people who seem to know about computers and reasearch i did. Hope this helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.