Intel HD Graphics

TheRealMeNicki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have intel HD graphics on my laptop and it wont let me load the program after I downloaded..? I was able to use it before and then I hit quit and now I cant use the app again, something about my graphics driver needs to be updated, and I even checked the intel site and I have the latest version. So can someone help me please?

2 answers to this question

If your graphics is Intel then it's definitely an onboard graphics chipset (graphics adapter intergrated into you motherboard) and even the best of IGP's are marginal,at best, for SL.  With all the new features LL has introduced for use in SL those chipsets are fast becoming entirely unusuable in SL.........it's progress and it won't get any better in the future.

For the time being you can try some of the TPV's designed and coded for low end computers...........but some day (probably sooner than you might think) even those viewers are going to beyond your graphics abilities for SL.

I am with Peggy on this. I would give the old 1.23 viewer a try. Not pretty, but it works on my old notebook with an integrated card.  You can find the download link near the bottom of this page:  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers

The same page lists other viewers which are easier on your system. Stay with the ones based on the 1.23 (but with enhancement) as the ones based on Viewer 2 like Firestorm and Kirsten's will most likely not work.

And if you love SL, be very picky about your video card when you purchase your next computer :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.