If there away to reset everything on sl.I'm have multiple major problem. I can't tp, change clothes

FancyRaeBaker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Many problems like the ones you describe are usually caused by a weak or flaky Internet connection, so work on those things first.  If you're on wireless, get off it.  Wireless is a notoroiously lousy choice for many SL residents.  It was never designed for the heavy continuouis data streaming that SL demands, and it is susceptible to many sources of interference.   Take a good loook at Nalates's blog for tips on how to diagnose and treat common connection issues >>> http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/ .

There are also many common causes for teleport issues.  You'll find several outlined at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Landmarks-teleporting-and-SLurls/ta-p/700123#Section_.1a

If you have had these problems for a while and have tried several things to repair them, you may have damaged several settings files on your own computer too.  Deal with the suggestions I just mentioned first.  If they do not work for you, then consider doing a clean reinstall of your viewer.  This involves not simply downloading and replacing the folder with your viewer's exe file, but removing the user setting files, where the damage probably lies.  See here for instructions >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_clean_reinstall

Welcome to Second Life Answers, FancyRae

It may seem like you have multiple major problems, but it all may stem from just one, an interruption in connection while information has been transmitting from the servers all those miles down the line to your computer(s). 

Maybe you remember having what seemed to be a sudden crash as FancyRae, whereas this did not happen recently to your other avatars/characters?

I would start with simple things, before doing a character test (which you say you have tried and it has failed).

I would start by attempting to rebake ("ctrl", "alt", "r" all pressed simultaneously will bake your textures back on).  Wait a few seconds.  If this does not work, or if you have taken on a bizarre appearance, then a character test really should work, but whenever I do this, I do it in an empty sim - Furball or Quarrel or Ponsonby.

This should put your avatar back together for now, but you can expect to suffer this problem from time to time if your internet service/connection is a little bit inconsistent. 

Edited to add:

As you say the character test failed, you may well need to clear your cache.  Use the menus at the top of your screen and go into "preferences" (on Viewer 3 it's under the Me menu I think, on some other viewers it is under the "Edit" menu), and within Network tab, should be "clear cache".  Do this. Then relog into one of the quiet locations, open up your inventory window and wait for it to load completely - be very patient, it will usually take several minutes, depending on how many items you have in your inventory. 

Wishing you the best of luck, and I hope you will return and let everyone know how you got on.  You can fix this, quite easily I believe. It is a common problem, be assured not as serious as it may seem.

If you wish to add more to this thread you can do so by clicking on "options" at the top right hand corner of your original post and "edit" . Please don't start any more new threads.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.