I use Firestorm, I am unable to stay loged into Secondlife. I am able to stay logged into other grid

Gnorman Primswitch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I use firestorm, windows 7 nvidia gtx 680 card latest software 376.19 64 bit. I am unable to stay logged into secondlife. I also tried using the SL viewer, same issues. I can log in, but my computer restarts after just a few seconds. I am able to log into and stay logged into other grids. I have done fresh installs. 

2 answers to this question

The 680 GTX card is certainly able to handle SL graphics, so that's not likely to be the problem.  I'm a bit worried about the fact that you say that your computer restarts after just a few seconds.  That's a rather extreme reaction, more than simply crashing or being logged out of SL.  It suggests that something else is going on in your machine, but it's impossible to do more than guess without knowing more about your computer.  One scary possibility is overheating, which can take a toll on expensive components like your CPU.  If nothing else, you ought to open the tower and give it a good cleaning with a can of air.  Check to be sure that all of your fans are spinning properly and consider installing temperature monitor software so you can keep track of what's going on.  You can get good, free software with a quick Google search.

• Like 1

That you can run on othere grids really confuses the issue.

Do check temperature as Rolig suggests. Something LIke CPUID HW Monitor or Open Hardware Monitor (both free) should work well.

If you do open the tower and blow out the dust, make sure you do NOT over rev the fans. Easy to do with compressed, canned gas.

If you are using a laptop, you can look up disassembly instructions on the internet for your model. If that looks too intemidating, you'll have to take it to a shop.

If you are running a 32-bit operating system, that is likely a large part of the problem. Consider upgrading to 64-bit.

When you ask tech questions we need more info than you provided. It is best to use the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... and copy the info from that into you post.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.