I tried to buy prem, but a error occurred, and now im charged $1.00 please help.

tamusic4life1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I tried to buy prem membership with my credit card, once I put all my information to buy the $9.95 one month charge, I continued and it went to an error. So I tried it again and it did the same exact thing. Now I have two $1.00 charges from linden lab. What happened? Is the 9.95 transaction still gonna go through? If so, Am I going to be charged twice?

2 answers to this question

We are all SL residents, just like you, so we don't have access to your account. The only way to tell for sure is to call the LL billing office and ask. If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

Just to be clear on what is happening.

Linden Research Inc, when presented with a new Payment Method for your account [that is not immediately rejected from a list of known non-compliant card types] will perform a verification debit of up to $1.00 USD. I remember when this used to be 0.30 cents. Then Linden Research Inc, will reverse the Debit transaction and Credit your account.

If you are presenting a gift $$ card, it will usually fail as the immediate credit transaction is not allowed. This is when you get the "An Error has Occurred" message. Later in the evening during the normal daily clearance batch processing for all electronic transactions, Linden Research Inc, will request a cancellation of the $1.00 USD debit which can take up to 72 hours depending on the Gift Card product.

This is the only way Linden Research Inc can determine that an attempt to use a Gift Card product was tried as a payment method. Some Gift Card products have a unique range of card #s which make them easy to reject before this test, most don't. If you do nothing else the $1.00 will be credited back to the Gift Card eventually.

Many people try the same Gift Card a few more times causing more test debits to be drawn from it. The results are still the same. This is when most folks finally contact the Linden Research Inc, Billing department.

Unfortunately, the card reject message from the CC companies is not 100% clear on why the credit transaction is rejected. LL can't always assume that this is because the product is a pay out only Gift Card thus the need for the generic "An Error has Occurred" message.

There are many other reasons for a Bank Card debit and credit transaction to be rejected as well.

This is why you'll need to contact the Billing department of both Linden Research Inc and/or your own Bank Card company.

EDIT:

P.S. - Even if you have a refillable Gift Card please understand that the only company that can refill the Gift Card is the original issuer. This is why, when Linden Research Inc attempts to reverse the Debit transaction by Crediting your account, it fails.

If you want the painful details as to why here is a link to a post I did a few weeks ago...

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Linden-Dollars-L/i-have-a-big-pb-because-i-m-in-belgium-and-no-possible-to-buy/qaq-p/2950159

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.