I'm stuck in the ceiling?! my avatar is walking not flying and I cant get down..

JessiDSunniD

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Teleport somewhere else, or use your cam to find something nearby to sit on.

And don't worry.  It has nothing to do with griefing.  Anybody who has been in SL for more than a few months has probably been stuck in a wall or ceiling more times than they can count.  It happens.  ;)

When you get stuck in something, try sitting on something, even the thing you are stuck in. Right-click a thing and choose SIT.

When you are outside something, cam inside the building, whatever, and try sitting on something there.

Also, your Preferences has a setting I use to get out of things. Preferences->Move & View (tab) there is a setting Double click on land: Set that to Teleport to clicked point. You can double click anywhere and and the viewer TP's you there. This doesn't always work as you expect. The region owner can set various behaviors for in region TP. So, your results depend on their setting.

To be able to do any of these things you have to know how to control your camera. As this is your first post I can only guess at how much you do or don't know. The basic process of moving the camera is a process of holding down the ALT-key and left-clicking on things or left-click and drag. You can often slide the mouse toward you to zoom out and drag left or right to swing the camera through a wall and see inside or outside something. Then left-click again to change the camera's focal point to the new click location. You can find things to sit on, which will move your avatar.

Youtube tutorials

It would depend if you have a attack hud like Toxic or Altima or some veryation. Other wise you have been grifed and will have to get LL help. Or you could hit CTRL  ALT L anbd all things will go red. Then you can see if anything has been attached to your AV by a greifer. If you spot it you can report it as well as atempt to remove it by hitting R click and looking for remove or return to owner or delete perhaps. But more then likely your going to need to call LL and get help if it continues.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.