I'm on the flying stage of the tutorial, and I can't pass it as flying is disabled in the area.

ChuddleBunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

12 answers to this question

JUMP!  Or buy a ticket on SL Airlines.

But seriously, while it is a great idea to work through the tutorial, it's not a requirement or anything.  If you find yourself stuck, click this link while you are logged in.  It will offer to teleport you to Caledon Oxbridge University...which has a different, and fun, tutorial for you.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Caledon%20Oxbridge/103/184/27

• Like 1

The tutorial is a 4-step intro to SL that you go through automatically if you enter at Learning Island with a new account. It takes you through walking, jumping, flying, and an intro to mouselook. It's a pretty good ten-minute primer in the most basic movement skills. When you leave there (never to return again), you can go directly to Social Island to learn further skills or go to Caledon Oxbridge, NCI, Firestorm's welcome islands, or wherever.

It's not a game, but you can always teleport anywhere you like. (Actually, I think I saw you briefly from a distance at Social Island yesterday, so you did teleport that far. ) There's no required path, and no goal. For a start, click on the icon for your Destination Guide. Pick a category and an interesting place to visit. Then click Teleport. You will discover that things will be a little complicated until you have mastered more basic skills, but you will get to see more on SL in the meantime. When you are ready for more learning, you can always visit Social Island or Caledon Oxbridge University, or any of the other excellent places with tutorials.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.