I get an error on the SL viewer, it says quote could not put on outfit.

GeraldineLou

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

upon razzing, there appears to be a white cloud, the error was "  could not  put on outfit. this the output folder contains no  clothing,, body parts, or attachments"

these are what I've done

rebate  textures,  nothing

rre-installed SL, nothing

re-installed SL using a new directory, nothing

framesper seconds was about  15 FPS. 

what  am I doing wrong

solution, choose a new avatar from the drop-down menu. Upon resin, switch to a known good outfit. problem solved!

kudos too all that have helped  me/

Geraldine Lou

2 answers to this question

Alwin gave you a link to a good troubleshooting page.

Your problem is called bake fail. This happens when the viewer cannot figure outt how to render some part of the avatar. 

If you cannot replace your outfit with another one, there is likely a connection issue. Having a good Internet connection does NOT mean you have a good connection to the SL servers. Test it. http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

But, it may also indicate a problem with the Current Outfit Folder or invenotry in general.

The quick fix is to change to the Test Male/Female avatar. Develop->Avatar->Character Tests->Test Male/Female. If there is no DEVELOP in the top menu, press Ctrl-Alt-Q. After the avatar renders then return to your regular avatar. If the problem repeats, switch to the Test Male/Female and restore your appearance one item at a time. You'll find the problem item.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.