I cant connect because of how time and date are set in my computer. what is the right way?

Esmeralda Vernon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When i try to connect i get an alert saying:

Unable to connect to SL:

Often this means that your computer's clock is set incorrectly. Please go to Control Panel and make sure that time and date are set correctly, 

If you continue to receive this error go to the support section of SL website and report problem

What is the right way to set the time and date? 

THank you in advance

3 answers to this question

Check to be sure that the YEAR is correct, not just the day and month.  Also, check that your clock is set correctly to your local time zone.  Some functions will not work properly if your computer thinks that you are in New York because you forgot to change the time zone after you moved to Denver.

Two more things to check ...

If you are still using Windows XP, you will have a really hard time logging in.  XP is not supported by either Linden Lab or Microsoft now, and it will probably kick up a clock error (among other things).

If absolutely nothing else helps, check the CMOS battery on your motherboard.  It may be failing (or dead).  One of its main funtions is to keep the computer's internal clock ticking, even when its power is off.  You might need to have a professional change it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.