I cannot access Sl on my laptop i have an account

Dawn Tempest

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

If you are actually getting a message that says you cannot gain access to Second Life on your computer, you may have been suspended or banned. That's one of the most common reasons for the message. If so, you should have received an e-mail explaining why. Your account may also have been put on hold by mistake, or for an administrative reason -- maybe someone else has been using your account for phishing or other unauthorized purposes. In any case, the only people who can take your account off hold again are at Linden Lab. Read http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Why_is_my_account_on_hold%3F for more details and to find out what you can do next.

There is another possibility, though.  For quite a number of people recently, this is a false alarm.  It seems to be triggered sometimes by having an unstable router.  Try unplugging your router and modem for a couple of minutes and then plugging them back in again.  That will reboot both of them and help get a fresh grasp on an IP address.  If you are on wireless, BTW, get off it and use a direct cable connection instead.  Many people find that wireless is just too unreliable for the sort of solid, continuous connection that SL requires.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.