I am the only one who can't see this person type to me and is not on mute or blacklist. Any ideas?

MrsZinean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am on Phoenix Firestorm Viewer 4.7.7.48706 (Havok).  No other accounts are doing this.  Just on MrsZinean Resident.  There is one person so far that I've seen that when I log in, I cannot see her type in Im's, local, or group, but she can see me.  I do not have her on black list, derender, or blocked in any way.  I have tried re adding her as a friend and cache clearing.  I have done a clean reinstall as well.  Is there anything I am missing?

2 answers to this question

Do you see her in your mini map?

Try the Firestorm feature to teleport to that person. If they are not showing up where you expect them to be, look around. The viewer may be rendering them in the wrong place. It knows where they are... but renders them in the wrong place. So, my underdertanding is you can bump into them, but not see them. Also, it may reverses and they render next to you but are actually farther away.

There is a bug being seen in Firestorm that could cause this. You can probably defeat it by both of you going to a different region. Or... both of you stay in the region and relog.

To find out more catch Ed Merryman in Firestorm support. Explain what you are seeing. He can point you to the bug report. You can decide from the details if this is the bug biting you. Or, watch the 30 minute video of last Friday's Third Party Dev's meeting. (Youtube) You'll find the bug discussed in the last 10 minutes of the 30 minute meeting.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.