How do you get Media screen tv to work? I have flash player updated and media preferances on

Tahira Swords

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi I rented an apartment and cannot get the media viewer screen to work I have latest sl viewer.I followed the steps in the instruction note about prefferances and flash player update,apple quicktime ect.and ect.Nothing I do gets it to work,wont play tv or movies either.Just shows a white box with a blue puzzle peice in the center.What should i DO?

Update: Cannot figure out how to reply to posts directly,its a private skybox apartment and the landlord gave me a note that has instructions on how to work the media player,so me renting isnt the issue.I just cant figure out why it wont work.I did upload adobe flash,and quicktime,and made sure all media prefferances enabled.But wont work.

3 answers to this question

Media screens in SL can be...no, invariably ARE...a huge pain.  They all work (when they work at all) in slightly different ways.

I just installed the latest LEVAHOME TVs in my tenants' apartments.  They work fine, and they don't even have to be deeded to the land group the way older ones did.  But there is one non-intuitive step you have to take to view them.  After you turn the screen on, and make sure your media stream is enabled (click the movie camera icon in the top right of your viewer), you then have to click the TV screen itself.

But I don't think your issue is that simple.  The blue puzzle piece means that some essential piece of software is missing from your computer.  For example, be sure you install Flash into your Google Chrome browser.  If you don't use Chrome, try installing it anyway, and install Flash for it.  I also make sure Java is installed, as well as Adobe Flash and QuickTime, even though the literature does not say it's necessary.

But my REAL advice is:  Don't waste time in SL watching TV!  You can do that in Real Life.

(By the way, you did exactly right by editing your original post to add more information.  While the discussion forums allow the OP to reply to posts, you cannot do that here in Answers.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.