How do I fix the gap between rigged mesh panties / bikini bottom and my groin?

DeviantDesires

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This has been annoying me for some time now. Quite a few rigged clothing pieces, in particular panties, thongs and bikini bottoms, don't seem to sit as snug on the groin/genital area as I would be comfortable with. There is a noticable gap between the gentials (female) and the crotch of said piece, there is also a gap 'up front' between the piece and the pelvic bone. The belly slider does not do much for the latter and for the first part of the problem I can't find any slider that helps. I am using a the Lara body these days but I noticed similar problems with the standard avatar. 

Any help or insights would be much appreciated.

2 answers to this question

The problem with designing system clothes (the style that are "painted" on the avatar body, as opposed to being attached) for the groin area has always been that the standard avatar has woefully few pixels in that region.  It's almost impossible to create underwear that is larger than a thong and smaller than boxer shorts.  The problem isn't much easier with attachments, but the reason is that the groin area bends and twists a lot.  Especially when you factor in the myriad shapes of avatar bodies, it's really hard to create clothing that's "skin tight".  It's one of many reasons why I gave up making clothing a while back.

• Like 1

One of the drawbacks of Mesh clothing is that it does "float" a little way above the body mesh.  For skin tight items such as bras, bikini tops, and panties, the good old system clothing layers are a better choice.

The drawback to THOSE, as Rolig says, is the lack of detail in the standard avatar body and the associated clothing layers.

The new Mesh bodies, like your Lara, have more detail, but for skin tight clothes on those you will need to use (or make) a clothing applier to "paint" the clothing texture directly on the mesh.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.