How do I fix duplicated entries in chat?

AmandaHoliday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've searched and found some suggested solutions to doubled entries in chat, sent and received, but those were with a wireless keyboard. I am old school and use a hard wired connection. The problem started after a forced logout during what I guess was S L maintenance on 6 May 2016. I need help. One website visited to run a pingtest was fruitless because my plain English was uable to decipher the jargon to find he pingtest starting point. If I have to do an uninstall again, how do I do a complete clean uninstall and are there any intermediate steps before I install the S L again?.

6 answers to this question

Are you using Norton antivirus?

Norton is causing this problem over the last few days - see https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-11891

To fix:

Uninstall Norton using the Norton Removal Tool at https://support.norton.com/sp/en/uk/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Note that just uninstalling Norton through Windows programs & features will not fix the problem, you must use the above removal tool.

Then reinstall Norton & you should be fine.

• Like 2

Yes, I use Norton. I guess I'll just live with the problem until next renewal, at least until I've paid the bill at the dentist for filling two cavities, or win the lottery, unless I can cajole them into a free download. Last time cost me $90. An unexpected expense of that size is a bit out of budget right now because I still live in the Real World and like to eat regularly. (ear to ear grin)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.