How can i remove the "www adress bar" always generated when putting a www adress to object?

Jasperi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The idea is to use cloud data reporsitories i.e Google Docs to show documents and other material. The problem is now that some students can change the internet page and "ruin" the enviroment.

So please all wise and generous contributors. How can i do this? Is there a script for this?

2 answers to this question

A script to do that only has to handle that one function.  I think this ought to do it.....

default{    state_entry()    {        llSetPrimMediaParams(2,[PRIM_MEDIA_PERMS_CONTROL,PRIM_MEDIA_PERM_OWNER]);    }}

That should limit control on whatever URL you display on face 2 of your prim, so that only you can see the media control bar above the object.  See http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSetPrimMediaParams for other possible features.

You can disable that options. Read the KB article ( http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Shared-Media/ta-p/700145#Section_.4 ) and see the videos

Trying out Shared Media navigation

1. Find a media-enabled object. These objects are easily identified by the media controls that appear when your mouse cursor moves over them. You can also use one of your own.
  2. Click the media once to give it focus. You must click the media itself, and not another part of the same object.
  3. Notice the navigation controls that appear:
    • File:Shared Media Web Controls.png
    • Back and forward buttons: Cycle through previously visited pages.
    • Home button: Returns the media to this object's home URL.
    • Refresh/stop button: Reloads the current page or stops the loading of a page that is in progress.
    • Address bar: Navigate to any URL by typing it into this bar.
    • Magnifying glass/right arrow button: The magnifying glass automatically positions your camera in front of the media, then changes to the right arrow button, which returns your camera view to your avatar.
    • Window button: Opens the current URL in an external web browser.
  4. Try visiting several of your favorite websites to get a feel for how web content is presented in Second Life. Any web pages you view are fully interactive, meaning you can click any links and type into any text fields you see!
32px-KBnote.png Note: The creator of a shared media object can disable navigation controls and keyboard and mouse interactivity on it.

x

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.