Help! I'm getting application error 0xc0000005. in Win 7.I've unistalled and reinstalled the viewer

Friedrice Beaumont

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I keep getting "application error 0xc000005 program failed to execute..."  when I try to start SL. I'm using Win 7 and did not have the problem until a week ago I've reinstalled the SL viewer several times and also tried Phoenix with same effect. Ran  a memory check and windows came back with no memory errors. Any one have some advice?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

We've had a small handful of posts about this problem.  That's not a SL error message.  It's a Windows message, described in this thread >>> http://www.updatexp.com/0xC0000005.html , for example.  The implication from this and similar sites that you can find with Google is that this is a RAM error --- a failing memory chip?  One poster here claimed that he traced the error on his machine to a faulty memory stick.

It has "sprung up" well before today. We've seen occasional reports here in Answers for over a year and there are expired JIRAs that go back to 2009. The message itself is a Windows message that reports a RAM error, not a SL message, but I do worry about what is triggering it. I also worry about why we have had a half dozen reports since the end of May. That's why I opened the JIRA this afternoon, to alert Linden Lab's developers, so that if there IS something in SL that's triggering the error, they at least have a heads up. Thank you for commenting on the JIRA. Would you please add your system information so they have more to work with?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.