Help I can no longer log into my main account (Fantesia Freiman) help! She won't log out of SL!

SheraStarfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Please help!  My main account Fantesia Freiman is logged in to SL, but my viewer booted me out.  Now I cannot log in at all, and I cannot log in  to secondlife.com either.  I do not want to try resetting my password yet, hoping that my main account gets logged out of SL first.  What do I do??

5 answers to this question

normally when your avatar is still inworld you get a message to wait a little doesn't your viewer pop up something?

if it's not, try a alt and go to the same location as you were last to see if it's really there

also for the webpage... what message do you get. It's not normal to be unable to login for that reason

resetting your password never hurts.. and in this case even very worth trying.

• Like 1

Thank you. No this is not the normal problem where I wait five minutes. The avatar is 100% still logged in to SL, my friend and my alt both see her floating there.

When I attempt to log in the secondlife.com website I get this: "We're sorry. It looks like the username or password that you entered were incorrect. Check that your caps lock key is not enabled. If you continue to have trouble, then please contact Second Life Support and we'll be glad to help you."

My other two alt accounts work fine. Fantesia Freiman is stuck in-world with a suddenly defunct password, and no one is in control of the avatar. I need some kind of serious Linden help here.

This is the message I receive when attempting to log in my viewer: "Login failed. Sorry! We couldn't log you in. Please check to make sure you entered the right

* Username (like bobsmith12 or steller.sunshine)

* Password

Also, please make sure your Caps Lock key is off."

Shera,

Contact the owner of the Region you are logged into and ask that they restart it.

This is a rare and annoying problem where the affected region will not accept any login/logoff transactions for the affected avatar account.

EDIT: With the additional information you provided make sure that you type in the password and do not depend on a stored password when logging into SL via your SL Viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.