Error: No Media Plugin was found to handle "text/html" mime type. Media of this type is unavailable.

Nikolina Caliera

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Error: No Media Plugin was found to handle "text/html" mime type. Media of this type is unavailable.

I get that message every single time I even open up SL. I recently had to change out my HD due to it going bad, and I had been using Snowglobe. For 3 years even. When I tried to find it again, I discovered, it was no more. But, I was told Singularity was like it and so I tried and Downloaded it. All was going just fine, until recently. The 2nd day after I started using it, this message kept popping up. No matter how many times I closed it. 

Before you ask, yes I have Quicktime.

Yes I have my java and adobe flash updated. 

No, it has nothing to do with a webkit. 

It doesn't pop up under a certain action; as soon as I sign in, it arrives. HELP!

Media Plug-In.jpg

I'm using Singularity.

I run Windows 7.

1T of HD, 4G Ram.

AMD Athlon(tm) II x4 640 Processor 3.00 GHZ

64-Bit OS

Please, help me gain back my sanity. 

2 answers to this question

I understand where you are coming from I am currently dealing with this too. I have been using Singulairity for a VERY long time and up until the past 6 months or so I was doing just fine with it. First problem was the textures were WAY off, I figured it was just me because my slhubby had the same viewer and she showed me his screen and his was just fine. Never found out what is the problem.  I then just kept uninstall and reinstalling over and over..it was annoying to the point I didn't even wanna bother with it. I think it fixed itself cause it's ok right now.  Now within the past 3 months whenever I log in I get all the same media errors like you do...a bunch of them..I don't know why they are coming up now...I didn't change anything up at all. I'm going to try one last time to uninstall and reinstall once more and see if they go away.  I disabled my anti-virus which is scary to do so since so much sharing and passing happens in sl and you want to be safe and ur friends safe but what can you do??....I checked my firewall that didn't help at all...more of a nucance than anything. I hate to switch viewers..I got firestorm but I don't want to use it..I don't like it at all.  my slhubby is using it and he loves it.  I heard through the grapevine that LL is getting rid of all 3rd party viewers completely.  I hope not though.  In the mean time find me in SL if you fixed this issue with the media because I'd sure like to know... MuzikGurl Serenity. <3

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.