Dance animations not working since viewer update

Tenshi Catteneo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Two days ago, I had yet another automatic SL viewer update & SL re-install. I do not know if this is a co-incidence or not, but since then, I have been unable to dance anywhere. When the balls are called, & I click on mine, the animation permission pop-up box does not appear, so I just stand or sit still. My partner & I have tried several places we often frequent, & have never had a problem with before, & is always the same. For the last 2 nights, we have had to just sit somewhere, & not dance. It works for my partner ok, but he is on Firestorm, while I still use SL viewer. I do not know how to fix this, I have not made any changes at all, so I do not know what the problem can be. Any suggestions would be very welcome...

Ok, I thought I had fixed this. I performed a complete clean install, & it worked. However, it was only resolved for one day, & now is back to not working again. It makes no difference where we are. Did not work last night at a regular club, where I had on my group tag. I also checked my blocked list, in case Intans had somehow been accidentally blocked, but is nothing there. I have tried all I can think of, to no avail. There have also been some other, minor, problems since this last update, it may just be a co-incidence, but something is not right, I have never has this problem before

This is very strange. For 2 nights after my last post the dance worked again, but tonight again, nothing. We were at the same place we were at last night, a favorite club of ours we often visit, & all was good then, but now is back to not working again. Tonight, another girl at this club was having the same problem. It just makes no sense, I cannot understand why sometimes it works, & sometimes not. The same thing happens with both Intans, & with already-present danceballs. Things like kiss, cuddle & sitting  animations still work ok, so seems to be just a dance issue. The other problems are very minor, & are not really troublesome. Sometimes my avatar seems to take longer to load, is still grey when everything around is complete, can take up to 5 minutes to rez, when before it was almost immediate when I logged on. Also having a little problem with walking. Will take a few steps, & either come to a halt, or break into an ungainly run, & I have to re-press the arrow key to fix, but this only happens from time to time, not always. These problems have only occurred since the update. Otherwise, everything is normal

5 answers to this question

OK Do the following:

1) Reinstall SL again using the viewer version noted below from Linden Lab. [be sure to do a clean install - Instructions are at the link below]

Instructions:
.... http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

Most Current Viewer Build:
.... http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/3.7.4.287875

Here is the Windows 8 Manual System File cleanup procedure since it's not in the procedure above.

Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

.... 1) Open C:\Users\(PC Login Name)\AppData\Local and delete the contents of the SecondLife folder.
.... 2) Open C:\Users\(PC Login Name)\AppData\Roaming and delete the contents of the SecondLife folder.
.... 3) Uninstall Second Life using the Programs and Features tool in the Windows Control Panel.
.... 4) Download and install the latest release of the Second Life Viewer from http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/.

Note: (PC Login Name) is the Windows 8 User Account Login Name

If you can't see the files or folders described above:
.... 1) Using File Explorer navigate to -> Libraries / Computer / ( C: ) / Users /
.... 2) Press the Continue button to get permission to obtain permanent permission edit this directory.
.... 3) From the View drop-down menu option select Options & Change Folder & Search Options
.... 4) Select the View Tab
.... 5) Under the Hidden Files and Folders options click on the - O Show hidden files, folders & Drives radio button
.... 6) Push the Apply Button then the OK button.

2) Login using that Viewer and wait for a complete Login and Inventory rebuild.

3) Afterwards, you may use any viewer you prefer but I recommend a clean install of that viewer as well following their instructions.

Macro 2014-03-06 Rev

I am not sure if this will be seen, or if I have to repost. I seemed to have resolved the problem by doing a clean install, the dance animations worked, but for just one day, & are back to nothing working again now. I do not want to have to reinstall the SL viewer each day or so, I don't know how to fix this

Tenshi Catteneo wrote:

Two days ago, I had yet another automatic SL viewer update & SL re-install. I do not know if this is a co-incidence or not, but since then, I have been unable to dance anywhere. When the balls are called, & I click on mine, the animation permission pop-up box does not appear, so I just stand or sit still. My partner & I have tried several places we often frequent, & have never had a problem with before, & is always the same. For the last 2 nights, we have had to just sit somewhere, & not dance. It works for my partner OK, but he is on Firestorm, while I still use SL viewer. I do not know how to fix this, I have not made any changes at all, so I do not know what the problem can be. Any suggestions would be very welcome...

Ok, I thought I had fixed this. I performed a complete clean install, & it worked. However, it was only resolved for one day, & now is back to not working again. It makes no difference where we are. Did not work last night at a regular club, where I had on my group tag. I also checked my blocked list, in case Intans had somehow been accidentally blocked, but is nothing there. I have tried all I can think of, to no avail. There have also been some other, minor, problems since this last update, it may just be a co-incidence, but something is not right, I have never has this problem before

OK this is just weird. The clean install should have cleaned out any and all issues related to "borked" scripts and animations in your cache. Working correctly for one day is a clue. Please identify what other things [minor problems] are not working as well. Hopefully they'll help us identify the root cause of your current repeating issue.

Hello,

i exactly have the same problems. Animations are not working, just sometimes when i relogged. But i don´t want to delete the roaming data (concersation protocol). I already uninstalled SL viewer and installed it new. Still no improvement and no asking for animations. If that proplem concerns more people, Linden Lab should check their viewers.

Greetings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.