Can not login to Aditi (Beta Grid)

DR Dahlgren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am having the same issue.  I am trying to log in to Aditi for the first time.  I found instructions on how to do this posted here: https://blogs.secondlife.com/community/features/blog/2008/05/26/reintroducing-the-preview-grid-aditi

I tried Control-Shift-G, selected Aditi, but it could not find my user name or password.

I then realized the bug issue, so I selected Aditi and specified Ahern as the region, and got the same message.  I tried also using Morris as the region, but again got the same message.  I was able to log into Ahern and Morris on Agni (the regular grid), and was able to log in there.  However, I need to be on Aditi, so this isn't helping. 

I did try to IM Oskar Linden in SL, but got no reply.  I'm trying to log in due to some inventory loading issues, and then want to do so later on in order to do a nice clean re-install of my viewer.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Edited to add:  My rezzday is 6/29/08, so I am "old" enough to be able to log into the beta grid.  Maybe I am making an error in following the instructions for a first time log in?  I cannot remember my previous passwords, so I am not able to try those and see if that works.

Message was edited by: IndiaRose Muircastle

Well isn't that special. I think I'll give it a look.

You forgot this part ..............

You can use the same Second Life viewer you already use to log into Second Life! At the login screen, hit Ctrl-⇧ Shift-G. At the bottom of the screen to the right of the "Quit" button, you will see a dropdown widget that allows you to select the grid that you want to log in to:

This part gets you inside.

Hi all...forgot to update this, I did get in touch with Oskar Linden, and got access to Aditi.  Being there is very...strange, LOL.  It's eerie, like SL after some great virus wiped out all the avis, but before the zombies rise up and start wandering around. It's very surreal to see your own profile set back to where it was about 12 months ago...my gosh, what was I thinking when I joined those groups???

I didn't find the items in my inventory I hoped to find...but did get back a bunch of things I had not remembered deleting before.  Another surreal part of the experience.

Thanks again for the tips :-)

I have been doing this SL thing for a long time. It is amazing how often I can forget some of the simple solutions.

The correct solution for my issues was to login to a new region. In this case I used Ahern. That allowed me to log in correctly and I have had no further problems using the aditi grid.

Thanks to all who gave their input here.

I tried that alternate link you provided and ended up on a newbie landing site. Is that part of Aditi? So it's not an independence site somewhere inside SL then? (A sudden realization ) OMG! SL is experimenting on newbies!  Didn't you say they do test work on Betas and stuff there. Hehehehehehe. Poor newbies.

You can not log onto the Aditi grid if you are noob. You have to have been active in SL prior to the time that the account data for Aditi was last updated, usually several months at the minimum.

And there is an Ahern region on Aditi. As I said earlier, my problem of not being able to log in, and the error I was getting, was resolved by simply logging in to a specific region on Aditi, for which I used Ahern. Why would someone question my responce?

It's real simple. Normally SL looks for the region you are attempting to log into and if it is not found for some reason, it sends you to a welcome area. In this case, that function for the Aditi grid is or was apparently not working and my home and last regions are not present on the limited set of regions included on Aditi grid.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.