Being logged off second life, right after I log in. Wont stay logged in.

sammie1154

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The past few days I have not been able to stay logged into Second Life. Every time I log in I am kicked out right before my avatar or the sim load. It says I have been logged out, due to possibly sim maintenence or internet problems. But, there is nothing wrong with my net. And I've checked the grid status, which is fine as of now from the site. I've also done a clean instal on SL,  I've also changed my password, cleared out previous History and Cache. I'm not sure what else to do, would love if anyone knows how to fix this issue or if theres something I can do to stop this from happening. Much appreciated.

(updated)

Wasnt sure where to put there, I didnt see a reply button under your answer.

Thanks for repsonding to me Lindal Kidd, I really appreciate it. And I had tried logging into a few different locations if that may have been the issue. As with my internet I did a whole shut down and restart to the router, and anything else I try to do online has been working just fine. With sl its odd I've had sl crash on me in the past but that was on an old computer. And this isnt happening like a crash, its just logging me out. So, its odd havent had something like this happen in the 5yrs on sl. And thank you for the link, I've checked out the site you had sent me and have been on the speedtest site and everything seems fine not different from how it has been in the past. I might try a different sl browser and see if maybe the issue isnt in firestorm. But, thank you for responding to me, if you have any other ideas, greatly appreciated. And, thank you again.

4 answers to this question

Just because the grid as a whole is up, it doesn't mean that the sim you are trying to log into is.  Have you tried logging in to a different location?

Also, what have you done to check your internet connection?  Here's a helpful link:  http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

EDIT:  You're welcome, and I'm sorry those suggestions were not able to solve the problem!  If it continues, file a Support Case.  LL may have some suggestions that we don't.

I had wrote my updated thing above, since at the time I did not see an area to comment in. (updated)

Wasnt sure where to put there, I didnt see a reply button under your answer.

Thanks for repsonding to me Lindal Kidd, I really appreciate it. And I had tried logging into a few different locations if that may have been the issue. As with my internet I did a whole shut down and restart to the router, and anything else I try to do online has been working just fine. With sl its odd I've had sl crash on me in the past but that was on an old computer. And this isnt happening like a crash, its just logging me out. So, its odd havent had something like this happen in the 5yrs on sl. And thank you for the link, I've checked out the site you had sent me and have been on the speedtest site and everything seems fine not different from how it has been in the past. I might try a different sl browser and see if maybe the issue isnt in firestorm. But, thank you for responding to me, if you have any other ideas, greatly appreciated. And, thank you again.

But, I uninstalled firestorm again & the re-installed. Still came across the same issue. So, I removed it again and went and downloaded the SL browser from the site. Logged in & everything in working great. No issues and not being logged out. I'm guessing the issue has something to do with firestorm. Not positive, but thank you for your help and advise, much appreciated.

I notice that I'm a little late to the party, and this answer has been resolved. Lindal is quite definitely on the right track.

Specifically, it sounds like your Network Interface isn't capable of supporting a sustained link to Second Life. This is not something that it sounds like you've tested for.

If this issue returns, I would do the following:-

If you're using Wireless, use a wire.

You might also want to replace your router, especially if it's more than a few years old.

Check that you're getting at least 100Mbit/s through your local network, and at least 5Mbit/s through your DSL/cable connection.

You aren't actually crashing.  You are being logged out by the system.  As the message says, that's sometimes because the sim's servers are going offline or have other performance problems, but it's more often because there's a problem with your Internet connection.  You've done a couple of the standard fixes like rebooting your router, but the problem could be more subtle that that.  You might try adding a different DNS server to whatever your ISP assigned you.  Try setting your DNS to Google: Google Public DNS

If using Google as a DNS does not work for you then see here for alternate servers, or grab DNS Bench to help you locate one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.