0xc0000001d

hotshots Boozehound

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hey i know i am not the only one here that are having problems realted to this 0xc0000001d can i have a anwnser please?

now i just done that and not i get that annyoning screen that said don'send opetion or send report 

do you think its becuase i am useing a D Link wireless?

i cleared everything that did came with my PC i run windows xp pro sp 3 not fully updated due to windows not updating windows xp anymore it gotta be something else 

7 answers to this question

Hey yerself, hotshots :matte-motes-big-grin:

Did you happen to just install a new version of one of the viewers? 

You need to completely uninstall it.  Install a bright fresh new copy of it.

And update this thread please (to add more to this thread, click on "options" at the top right hand corner of your original post and "edit" - in lieu of "reply" button, which this Answers section just does not have).

Good luck!

It's been quite a while since anyone asked here about that particular error.  It usually means that you have a corrupted system registry, possibly as the result of an incomplete or badly-installed software application (like your SL viewer), but also possibly because you have contracted a software virus.  Before you do anything else, check your system in detail for evidence of a virus.  Then, you might be able to clear the problem by doing a careful, clean re-install of the viewer.  Here's how >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

Chances are fairly good that you will need to do more than that.  If you Google 0xc0000001, you'll find several sites that offer instructions (or repair utilities) that will help recover from that system error.  I cannot vouch for any of them.

• Like 1

hotshots Boozehound wrote:

[....]

do you think its becuase i am useing a D Link wireless?

Wireless is not a good idea in SL anyway, but I doubt that it's the cause of this problem.  As I said, you either have a computer virus or your installation of the viewer was screwed up.  Either way, your registry is corrupted.

• Like 1

In view of what you say about no more updates for your particular version of windows XP, I'd still be inclined to pay a visit to the Microsoft official website, and type in that error message code, see what advise comes up there. They maybe can offer a patch for missing registry.  (In the past I have had missing registry due to other software corrupting mine - Windows Vista I am on - and this has worked for me.)

Keep keeping the thread updated as you have been doing by editing original post and we'll keep popping in to offer suggestions if needed, but as stated by Rolig, just doing a Google search on that error code does bring up a heck of a lot of info, so it is a common problem, and does look linked to missing registry, hence the direction by me to visit Microsoft.

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.