Soccer / Football in Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It all started 4 years ago, in December 2007, when a team won a tournament sponsored by a RL company and the  L$ 1,000,000 prize. The players of this team donated and invested it to create the first spanish soccer/football league in SL, now is called LEFV. We gathered around 100 users and started to work in the game rules.

Over time, which in the first place was to be a league became an international football community. Nowadays, the LFV community, managed by Redlag Mayo, is over 1,400 users.

We started with a single league of 5 spanish teams and now we have 2 leagues (italian and spanish). Furthermore, we have added in the community the roll of the national teams and in a couple of months 9 different national teams have been reported.

With the idea of creating a football community, we created our own website (www.ligafutbolvirtual.com)  translated into 7 different languages. Within the web are performed technical tasks about players or club presidents, transfers, purchases and sales, transfers and other options that affect the world in which the game is played.

LFV now has thousands of active players who daily perform some activity in this environment that represents the world where they interact users. Each user must register and create their avatar (character in the game)
with its own characteristics (height, shape, skin ...) and this newcome user
comes into the world where LFV is waiting to offering him the possibility of belonging to a players who dispute the LFV in any available club. The clubs have signed contracts with brands to receive amounts generating a budget for purchase or payment of players salaries during the season and sometimes benefits that manages its chairman.

More than that, in the last dates we have had an increase of users because of the expectation of the new game system.

About the running of the championships is quite easy, we don’t stop during all year playing different competitions as leagues, cups, champions league, world cups, etc..

Normally, the matches are played Monday to Thursday from 1.30 PM to 2.15 PM PST. But the stadiums are free to use anytime because of the active lifestyle of our users.

It is completely free to join and play in LFV and we give you all the necessary (equipment or field installation) for free.

The LFV values are fair play, comradeship and spirit of self-improvement.

If you have any doubt or you need more information, please contact me or Alistar Snook (Lega Italiana president) and Lukatony Berman (Liga Española president).

Welcome to LFV !

I have no other reason for posting in this thread other than to reveal something about myself and gloat slightly ...

I am, in fact, a Stokie and have got a ticket to Wembley next Sunday for the FA Cup semi final. Woo Hoo! Wembley really isn't going to know what has hit it when it's turned into the same atmosphere as the Brit!

WHY WHY WHY DELILAH!

(P.S. If we lose to lowly Bolton, please disregard that I ever revealed that I'm a Stokie as I will deny it! :smileytongue:)

Ciaran Laval wrote:

There are other leagues too, I'm advertising with St Etienne in another league! Do you know if you all use the same scripted system or do the leagues have different systems too?

Most have their own system, but LFV uses motion capture animation. :smileysurprised:

International League - ILFV - season II

After some weeks testing the beta of LFV hud and due to requests by teams to create a friendly competition, the LFV staff has decided to open the second edition of the International League Futbol Virtual - ILFV.
This is a friendly tournament with the objective of continuing playing that will start on 11th April, with 10 teams registered.

The teams that will participate in this tournament are:ILFV shield .png

Indargazte F.T.
R.C Deportivo de la Coruña SL
AS Roma SL
FC Inter SL
sl calcio Napoli
Juventus SLFC
F.C TEMPLARIOS
Arsenal F.C. 
Sampdoria SL 
M&P football club SL

It will be played, Monday to Thursday at 1.30 pm SLT, in two stadiums:

LIFV official stadium

LEFV official stadium

we thanks to public for coming with low rendering cost (<500) for a low lag.

During the competition it's sure that we will update the hud, and all the system items in general,  for a better gameplay.

All the tournament will be managed in LFV.com website and the managers of the competition are Alistar Snook, Lukatony Berman and Bakuny Merlin.

Ciaran Laval wrote:

Fortunately for you The Mighty Villa aren't in the semis this year, but my Godfather is from Bolton, so I'm gonna be cheering them on
:P

5 freaking 0!

That is all!

(With apologies to Redlag for the slight derail)

P.S. If anyone knows someone from the FA who can get corporate final tickets I'm all ears! (Damn disgrace how the actual fans only get 25,000 each for the final and the other 40,000 or so go to corporate bigwigs who probably don't even support the teams in the final!)

P.P.S. Singing "we only score from a throw in" having scored 5 brillant goals from open play was so much fun! :smileytongue:

• 2 weeks later...

On last Friday,  April 29th, we have updated the new version of ALL the system in all LFV fields. This continues beeing a beta, so probably we will need to calibrate it a bit and add some other things. Anyway, we will continue working on it.

Finally, we would like to say that this won't be the "final version of LFV hud" (unless each update we will be closer to it), this means that we will continue working in improving the hud, sure.

Hi Miyo,

you have some different ways to know when, ahere and how to visit and see life soccer match.

Option 1: Join LIGAFUTBOLVIRTUAL.C0M group. There we post the matches.

Option 2: Simply checking the SL event list, concretly the "sports" category.

Matches are Monday to Thursday at 1.30 pm SLT

I hope to see you there :smileywink:

• 3 weeks later...

//MESSAGE FROM RYAN ELITE (elite.runner/ELITE RUNNER) FROM THE ELITE 3000 SECOND LIFE UNIT
DATE: 2011.05.29-Su
TIME: 05:19pmSLT (08:19pmE3K-DT)
SUBJECT: SOCCER IN SECOND LIFE
//BEGIN MESSAGE

Soccer in Second Life? Maybe I'll check with the schedule and watch the match. The ELITE 3000 Second Life Unit will check out the stadium and explore. It's a good thing that I got the soccer gear from 2010 for the World Cup.

//END MESSAGE

• 3 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.