bought item in world had out of stock message, its happened to a lot more people what do i do

CeltLlywelyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i bought an item at an in world store item cost me just under 12k, was told out of stock, contact this person, which i have done also submited a ticket, while i was at the store i recived an IM from someone else who had bought something , telling me not to buy as they had bought something and paid 17k and item out of stock and have sent numerous IM and heard nothing, also someone else has been waiting 3 weeks for a reply, can someone please tell me what to do 

2 answers to this question

The only thing that you can do is contact the store owner and tell him your problem.  Copy all information about the transaction from theTransaction History on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Account and paste it into a notecard for him.  Linden Lab will not intervene in a problem between residents.  Be a bit patient.  Merchants in SL are like you and me.  They may not log in every day, and they have family emergencies, vacations, and illnesses too.  If you haven't heard in a week, try again.

• Like 1

It sounds as if you've been scammed.

It MIGHT be legitimate, but very, very few things in SL are ever "out of stock."  The vendors you purchase from can create an unlimited number of copies, they NEVER run out.  Also, not too many things in SL sell for more than $L10,000. 

The only situation where items can run out is if the seller is offering a "limited edition" type item, where only ten, or whatever, number, of that particular item will ever be sold.  Limited edition items can indeed be very expensive because of their (artificially created) rarity.

All you can do is to continue to send polite notecards and IMs to the seller requesting the item or a refund.  Be sure to include the details of your transaction from your $L Transaction History, available under the Account section of this website.  Not everyone, even successful merchants, gets in world every day, so be patient.  However, if weeks go by without a reply, you are probably out of luck.  At that point, you can file an Abuse Report with Linden Lab, but don't expect much.  LL does not get involved in business disputes between residents.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.