Why can't I check out freebies at the Marketplace?

AlswythCyan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was able to checkout the freebies from the Marketplace.Now I can't. I keep getting to the check out then it said I need to buy more lindens but there is no price. What can I do to fix this or be able to buy the freebies from the Marketplace?

2 answers to this question

I've found that while I was unable to complete purchases of freebies from the Marketplace using Firefox, I was able to do so using IE. This is a relatively recent development, as I had no such problem previously.

So, I would suggest trying a different browser.

ETA: That was with Firefox 4. Version 5 released the 21st. Not sure if problem's fixed or not.

ETA II: Tested with Firefox v.5 and it worked fine. Either they fixed something, LL fixed something, or it was just an anomaly. [There was a recent Java update, too...]

I had what I thought was this problem for a while..Until I actually looked closer at the page. If you purchase a non freebie item from market place you go through the checkout and then confirmation of purchase page and its all there in front of you laid out clearly...however..If its a freebie item that you are not exchanging L$ for the screen page changes..Be sure you are actually confirming your *purchase* by scrolling all the way down to the bottom of the page and clicking. This is an obvious answer and gave me much frustration as I was used o the usual page where the confirm payment button was blatant. Hope this helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.