What can a consumer can do when they believe a company inworld falsely advertised their products?

Gaultry Blackburn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I ordered a FUNSIES pregnancy package (of which I have had no services or the item yet) And I learned that they falsely advertised that parents could create clothing for their child [modifying the object is not the same as using their consumer kit that I saw before I bought the baby to know I could...and it did not say anything about for COMMERCIAL USE ONLY] I spend days determining if I should get their product, there aren't a lot of clothing that I like in the stores for the baby...but as their sign said I could create clothing for it so I went ahead and bought the item.  

I have tried to write to the creator and explain the issue at hand. I sent her a NC on how because of their signs in their store the advertising was misleading and asked them to change the signs and to provide a refund since I haven't recieved anything yet. The owner will not do a refund, but swears she is not FORCING me to take the object...but as she wont give a refund she is because it's that or have NOTHING to even show for the money...so maybe I could modify my comment..she is FORCING me to take nothing or a product that was falsely advertised. Not much of a choice. Please help me figure out how to get help with this problem when the company will not listen to a well reasoned (but yea probably a bit heated..on both our parts) conversation about the issue at hand. 

Thanks

1 answer to this question

That's more than a little hard to follow, so I'm not sure exactly what the problem is.  The bottom line, however, is that Linden Lab won't generally intervene in disputes between residents.  (It says so right at the start of Sect. 6 in the TOS.)  You'll have to sort this one out for yourself. 

As I read your note, though, it sounds as if the merchant is saying that you can make baby clothes yourself.  That much is almost certainly true.  I or anyone else with moderate skill should be able to make baby clothes without even buying the product.  But maybe I'm missing something.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.