Marketplace takes my money and doesnt deliver but maybe 10% of what I buy.

Babette Deluxe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just joined, and gave myself a nice paycheck to use on the SL website and the marketplace took all of it and i didnt get but maybe one item delivered out of a dozen or so things I bought.  I think there is a serious problem and i refuse to buy anyting else now through them or may just quit the game complete lt.

signed digusted and ripped off user.

3 answers to this question

See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Shopping-in-the-Marketplace/ta-p/700195#Section_.3.4

Has it been more than 24 hours since you ordered? If so, contact the merchant, explain what happened, and politely request redelivery of the item. If it has been less than 24 hours, please be patient and check again later. If the merchant doesn't respond, you can submit a support case requesting redelivery. Make sure to include the order number and the exact name of the undelivered item(s).

Slow deliveries may currently be more noticeable because you now have a cart to which you can add multiple items. (This wasn't the case with the old Xstreet, which closed for purchases in October 2010.) Unfortunately, we can only send so many items at a time.

32px-KBnote.png Note: There are several interrelated causes that slow down delivery. We are hard at work on creating a faster and more reliable Marketplace system that will soon make Magic Boxes obsolete.

Undelivered Marketplace Items:

First of all, just be patient. The software for the marketplace is often unreliable and it may take anything from a few minutes up to a few hours for the item to arrive.

If, after many hours, the item has not arrived, just go to the Marketplace site and click on "My Account" under "My Marketplace" at the very top of the screen. You can see here if you have been billed or not by going to "Order History" on the left hand side of the screen. If you haven't been billed, it will explain that the money has been refunded and a payment of zero will be shown. The on screen notes will leave you in doubt of whether you have been billed or not. If you have not been billed, you may want to make a second attempt at buying the product.

If you have been billed, simply send the merchant a notecard inworld. (A notecard is more reliable than an instant message, as instant messages are often capped for merchants who receive a lot of correspondence.) Make sure that your notecard is polite and contains details of the failed transaction. Most merchants will be very willing to resend the item. Please give them a day or two to reply - don't expect an answer within minutes. You must remember that merchants are no different to you and do not sit by their computers at all hours of the day.

One final word, to reduce the chances of the problem occurring again, remember not to buy multiple items at the same time,as this may increase the chance of causing the software to fail. It's safer to buy one object at a time.

Good luck with your next purchase. Generally, it's quite an efficient way of buying specific products - just, don't expect it to be perfect!

As a safer alternative to using the marketplace you can buy things from people's shops in-world.  This is far more fun as well as you get to explore different parts of SL you might not otherwise have visited.  I suggest you get in touch with other people playing whatever game you are interested in and ask them where they buy their equipment, or whatever it is that game needs.  If you do decide to quit the game completely there are plenty of other things to do in SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.