Item I bought wasn't as described

EuthymiaGervasius

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I bought an item on the marketplace, and as soon as I had paid for it the item disappeared from the Marketplace. Presumably so I wouldn't be able to post a review (because the item wasn't as described) or flag the item.

I don't know what to do. I'd love to get my money back, but past experiece with LL is that they don't really care.

2 answers to this question

It's not exactly that they don't care, but LL does not get involved in resident to resident disputes.  What they are interested in is violations of the Terms of Service.

Fraudulent selling, on the Marketplace or in world, is a ToS violation.  If you believe that is what has happened to you, file an Abuse Report by using the Help/Report Abuse function in your viewer.

• Like 2

I bought a bed on MP not so long ago and it too disappeared soon as I bought it and I can't even trace who actually sold it.

Another possibility is that it was a gacha item. There are thousands of these on Marketplace and they will disappear soon as you buy because they are one-off items. It is not unknown for empty boxes to be sold although I have bought many gacha items on MP without problems but only from long-standing sellers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.