I received wrong item in marketplace. Flagged item, but no way to say why..

Autumn Ehrenkranz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought meeroo ID #4341152, which was a mischievous female snowpaw.  What I got was meeroo ID #4315747, which is a friendly female snowpaw.  I don't need a friendly, I need a mischievous, and I paid quite a bit for it.  How do I get either my money back or the correct item?  

Okay, I screwed up and didn't realize that the store owner was a person.  It looked like the name of a group.  Unfortunately, I should have asked here before flagging.  However, it's doubtful that Marketplace will find anything wrong with her ad, as it's all written appropriately.   I looked everywhere trying to find a way to resolve the problem, but didn't find this blog until after I had already flagged the item.  

2 answers to this question

You contact the merchant and ask.  The merchant is not required to offer a trade or a redelivery or a refund, but it can't hurt to ask.  Flagging an item over something like that is usually bad form, especially if you haven't had any conversation with the merchant.  It may have been a simple packaging mistake.

• Like 1

You really should have contacted the seller BEFORE flagging the item. It could easily have been an innocent mistake. Try contacting them now, politely, and giving them the chance to fix it. I'm assuming, based on what little I know of meeroo, that they are transfer/no copy, which means there should be little to no problem sending it back in exchange for the right one. 

If the merchant does not respond within a few DAYS - not minutes, not hours - or refuses to correct a legitimate issue, then it's generally appropriate to flag. 

Item not as advertised IS a good reason to flag. In fact, you CAN give a (limited) reason for flagging, although no details, and "Item Not As Advertised" is one of them. Closest for you would probably be either permissions not as advertised, or incorrect category. 

As for getting your money back...it's unlikely, but possible, since you do have a legitimate complaint. Give the merchant a few days to resolve the issue, and see what happens.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.