I have several MP listings that have been blocked. WHY?

TWISTMY Gears

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have serveral MP listings that have been blocked. They give no reason as to why they're blocked except the usual TOS crap. Some of these I see NO reason as to WHY they're blocked. Is there anyone that I can contact about this and do I have to be a premium member to get any real results? I understand why some of them were, they claim I've used a trademark, however some of them are not related to ANY trademark and still remain blocked. and YES I've tried relisting them and they still get blocked. I actually dont even understand if I did have a trademark when I search and see that many others have listed things with the very same trademark, such as example (Harley Davidson). But some of my blocked items have nothing to do with any trademark of any kind

4 answers to this question

The "usual TOS crap" usually says it all, but it won't tell you how to fix it, which is what you really want to know.  You can always submit a support case under the category Marketplace >>> Marketplace Item Listing Issues to ask for more guidance.   Don't bother using examples of other items in Marketplace that look like yours but haven't been removed yet.  Linden Lab usually doesn't take action until someone points out a problem listing, so your "bad example" will probably just be one that they didn't know about .... until you mentioned it.

Well Rolig. NO its not that LL hasnt noticed yet. I've paid attention. It seems the only time you can get any legitimate answers are if you're a premium member. So I do not feel my example is "BAD". And yes its true its "what I really want to know". I do however thank you for your response and just where do I find the Marketplace >>> Marketplace Item Listing Issues? In the forums? the blogs? Knowledge base? And NO I will not point out others that list trademarks, but they're listed is my point and they have been listed for a very long time. The listing I'm talking about has NO trademark of any kind. The only message I get is that it was pulled for TOS violations, which there are no TOS violations to violate with more than one of my listings. When I call them on the phone they just give me the run around of put in a ticket which the last time I did, I got zero answers.. and was told if I go premium, I can talk to a real person.. lovely. And Thank You for your help

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that YOUR listing was bad. I meant not to bother pointing out other examples that you think are "bad". It won't really help get your questions answered. It will call Linden Lab's attention to those other examples, which means that THEY might get removed. Now, Marketplace >>> Marketplace Item Listing Issues is a category option when you submit a support case (click HELP at the top of this page and then "Submit a Support Case"). The only advantage that a Premium account holder has is that he can call Live Chat, which is not very useful in this case, since they know nothing about Marketplace. As a Basic member, you have the same access to that Marketplace category in support cases. That support case is really the only option you have. It's slow, and not likely to be as helpful as you'd expect, but try to be as clear and non-confrontational as you can be. And super patient. When an item is pulled from Marketplace, it's usually done by someone (or a machine) working from a checklist of trigger words -- that we never see -- so it's likely to take some dedicated time for someone to take a more detailed look at your listing and give you an answer. I wish I could be more upbeat.

THANK YOU Rolig for making that more clear and I will do as I have done before, list a ticket. Even though I'll expect to get the same response as the last time I tried to figure out why, which was nothing. And nope the lack of response for help in this area doesnt suprise me one bit. I appreciate your time in this matter and have a nice weekend :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.